You want to work with data? We want to work with you.
- Big data. Software as a service. Data visualization and analysis.
- Autonomous and decentralized decision-making.
RetSKU is looking for a data scientist to join our team to solve the pain point for a $25 Billion addressable market. We have signed up an enterprise customer paying $100k annually, have over 5 additional brands committed to beta trial the product.
We’ve been accepted into a leading accelerator program in New York city.
You will be answering questions like:
- Why, when same product was launched at Target & Walmart, it did well only at Target
- Which promotions should we be running today?
- Did adding a new feature actually impact reviews and sales?
- Should we be increasing pricing of our products when competitor is out-of-stock or reducing them?
- Strong background in SQL
- Experience working with very large datasets using Big Data tools and platform, such as Hadoop, Hive, Amazon Redshift, Vertica
- Familiar with traditional modeling and recommendation systems, such as hidden Markov model, collaborative filtering and k-nearest neighbor
- Math, Statistics, Engineering, CS or similar undergraduate or graduate student at a top tier school
- Passionate about data, data, data and more data
- Demonstrated ability to derive unique insights from large amounts of information
- Experience using R, SAS, Python or other tools for data analysis
- Strong analytical, critical thinking capabilities; excellent research skills
- Problem seeker and problem solver, hungry, passionate and committed
- Must be entrepreneurial/go-getter
We’d like to learn more about you, please let us know the following when you apply:
- A paragraph (less than 100 words) why you are applying for this position
RetSKU is a business intelligence platform focused on consumer product companies that sell through traditional “brick & mortar” retailers. We collect data on the four pillars of retail: distribution, pricing, shelving and merchandising and provide actionable market insights to these companies.
Check us out on AngelList
How to apply: